As a member firm of the Investment Consultants Sustainability Working Group (ICSWG), we’re excited to share the launch of a new trustee guide for assessing consultants’ climate competency.
“To tackle the challenges of climate change we all have to do more. Asset managers, asset owners, and investment consultants. The competences are the first step by investment consultants to deliver a framework to all our clients to be held accountable against. Only by practising all of these competences are we walking the walk, and truly acting in the best interests of our clients, and society.” – Nick Samuels
The guide, a collaboration between the ICSWG, ShareAction, The Pensions Regulator, and the PRI, sets out five themes against which trustees should expect their investment consultants to demonstrate:
- Firmwide climate expertise and commitment
- Individual consultant climate expertise
- Tools and software (to support climate-related risk assessment and monitoring)
- Thought leadership and policy advocacy
- Assessment of investment managers and engagement with them