10 second summary
- We helped a client construct a sustainable equity fund which effectively integrates ESG as both a source of alpha and an element of risk.
- The fund has outperformed the wider equity market since its inception whilst minimising its impact on the environment.
What was the problem?
- A client wanted to design a fund that effectively integrates ESG as both a source of alpha and an element of risk.
- It had to meet the following criterion:
- Actively managed with an investment philosophy focused on selecting companies that solve global sustainability challenges.
- Used positive screening, not negative screening.
- Designed to outperform traditional developed market indices.
- Good value for money
What was our solution?
- Our advice was to implement a sustainable equity strategy. We undertook a bespoke manager selection process for the client. The fund was constructed with a manager that met the client’s specific criteria. It is strictly focussed on sustainability and the risks and opportunities associated with a transition to a sustainable global economy.
- The manager employs a differentiated philosophy which effectively integrates ESG (as both a source of alpha and element of risk) into a more traditional fundamental quality equity process.
What was the outcome?
- The resulting fund allowed the scheme to achieve the desired returns whilst minimising its impact on the environment.
- By using ESG as a source of alpha, the fund has delivered strong outperformance versus the wider market since its inception.
What does this mean for you?
- We can assist you with finding or designing a fund that meets your specific objectives.
Want to know more?
If you would like further information, please contact:
I am Chief Investment Officer for Global Assets. In this role, I advise a range of wealth managers, insurance companies and public sector pension schemes with combined assets of more than £400bn
I have worked with investors of various types and different regulatory and accounting frameworks from a lot of locations around the globe. This enables me to understand the specific needs and options for our clients.
I supported in the creation of the Global Assets Team in 2018. Since then, my role has been focused on supporting wealth management firms and other asset owners achieve their long-term strategic objectives.